Thursday, February 19, 2015

Wireless Remote Control Duplicator

Bought on ebay as "Wireless Remote Control Duplicator Key Cloning Gate for Garage Door 433/315MHz"












There is one chip without any writing (id marking probably sanded\grinded for some reason?).
But I'm wildly guessing it is a PIC or Atmel microprocessor.

PCB says SK-308
There us room for a jumper, but no pins are soldered there.
There is a pot meter for adjusting frequency.
There is a blue led at top.

There was no manual or description on ebay, but found this on aliexpress:

How to use:
- Before starting to copy the code, you need to know the function of each button
- 1. Code Clear
It’s necessary to clear the original codes of the copy code remote control. Press and hold the “lock” button and
“unlock” button simutaneously for 2 seconds till the LED indicator flashes 3 times. Keep pressing the “unlock” button
and release the “lock” button, then press the “lock” button for 3 times within 5 seconds. The LED indicator slowly
flashes 3 times then becomes fast flash to indicate the code clear is finished

- 2. Code Copy
With the original remote control on your one hand, with the copy code remote control on the other hand, approach the
two remote controls to each other as close as possible. Press and hold the button to be learned on the original remote
control and the button you want to learn on the copy code remote control simutaneously for 3 seconds, the LED
indicator flashes 3 times then becomes fast flash, indicating the code is learned/copied successfully. Repeat the above
steps to copy the code of other buttons

- 3. Code Retrive
In case if you lost the codes you are using by accident, don’t worry you can retrive them by following the step below:
press and hold the “unlock” button and “muting” button simutaneously for 3 seconds, the LED indicator flashes 3 times
then becomes fast flash, indicating the codes are retrived now.

- 4. Frequency Adjustment
For fixed frequency copy, you can directly copy the code from other RF remote control. If not, if need to open the
cover of the copy remote control and adjust the frequency with the great sense to meet the frequency of original
remote control. For example, the frequency of the copy remote is 315MHz, but the original remote is 433MHz, you need
to adjust the frequency of the copy remote from 315MHz to 433MHz.
The adjustable frequency range is 280MHz to 490MHz.

if you do not know what's your remote frequency,do not worry. we can solve any problems for you. now,
you can have a frequency meter.
please remember this link : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/50pcs-lot-Frequency-Meter-Frequency-counter-Frequency-Indicator-Cymo-Meter-Wavemeter-Mini-Handheld-Portable-250-450MHZ/807596_692627961.html
and http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/ID-Duplicators-Host-of-Remote-Controller-Remote-Master-For-Wireless-RF-Remote-Controller-Data-Detect-Data/807596_712573051.html
 I was able to clear and learn code for the 3 remotes I have: EV1527, PT2260 and MC145026. At least according to the led I was. The led blinked like it should during learning and it blinked when pressing the button after learning. I also tried to clone remote for Nexa power switches but it did not work. The learning process apperantly worked according to the led, but when pressing the button after leaning, the led did not light at all. But I hadn't expected that it would work with Nexa, it was just an experiment:-)

The remote use 2 x CR2016 3v batteries in series to produce 6v. The remote looks good, but here the positive stops: the micro switches are bad quality and the buttons does not easily respond. Specially the lower button is bad, it needs an extreme push to work and in a specific angle too. The micro switches look similar to those I have seen in other Chinese electronics and I havent though about this before so it may just be a bad batch of micro switches in my remote.

The most negative thing thou it that the remote doesn't actually work! The learning is apparently ok according to leds and transmit is ok according to leds but it did not work (I cloned garage remotes and garage did not open).

I have a usb sound card with a 433 MHz receiver (I will blog about this later) and I used this to check that the remote actually emit a signal (use record function in Audacity) and it did not. I notice there is a pot meter to adjust frequency, I wonder if I maybe got a wrong item (wrong frequency) so I tried to adjust the pot meter while watching in Audacity, but I never saw any signal. So looks the the transmitter is defunct?

I complained to the seller and I got a refund. In a later post I will show how I "fixed" it:-)

8 comments:

  1. Hi I bought the same Wireless Remote,learning it's working but not emiting signal ,could you tell me how you fix the problem?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made a new post. But I found a better remote an ebay that works good, I will blog about this later.

      Delete
  2. Hi I bought the same Wireless Remote,learning it's working but not emiting signal ,could you tell me how you fix the problem?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am selling a multi-frequency garage remote duplicator, which is compatible with all frequency and common fixed and learning code, and part of rolling code.

    You can store a code in each button even with difference frequency. For example, you can store a code on Button 1/A FAAC 315MHz, Button 2/B Multicode 310MHz, Button 3/C Hormann 868.3MHz, Button 4/D Marantec 433.92MHz.

    Programming is very easy, you don't need an external device to assist you, it automatically learns both frequency and code! It’s the best remote duplicator on the market!

    You can get it on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Frequency-Universal-Garage-Remote-Control-Duplicator-433-868-315-418-MHz-/291709457140

    If you're interested, please let me know, and I'll consider send you a free sample, but I hope you can write me a good review in this blog. OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!
    Learned a new signal successfully, but it doesn't emit a signal. It makes sense since the is no transmitter at the circuit..
    The remote doesn't worth it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same remote, and it works only without the case sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I discovered today , it works perfectly at 1m range max.

    ReplyDelete